Monday, June 1, 2009

Sorry for the hiatus...

Sorry for the long, unexpected hiatus from posting on here. Soon after I returned from my previous 4 day visit to Hong Kong, I came back to China and noticed that I could not access my blog. Everytime I tried to go to the address, that infamous "Page Not Found" error appeared as it does for Youtube, The Huffington Post, The New York Times site, or any other site the Chinese government deems unsuitable.

It wasn't just my site that was blocked, but the entirety of blogspot, so I could not access my friends' or my little brother's site either. Speaking of which, check out David's blog - he's staying in Mexico for several weeks this summer.

www.couchinmexico.blogspot.com

Anyway, theres a lot of stuff I can probably catch up on later, but today I fly out in a few hours for home. I am a bit excited, although kind of sad to leave so soon. I hope I can return to visit or possibly work here again for a short time.

I'm currently in Hong Kong now, which is why I can access this site now. We got in on the bus in the afternoon yesterday. Someone on our bus was carrying some Hakka wine in their bag in the storage below that broke, so when we unloaded at the stop we noticed that parts of our bags were wet and smelled funny. I recognized it as that Hakka wine stuff I've tried a couple times. I never really liked it to begin with, as it's a weird tasting wine that's a bit similar to barbeque sauce in taste, so now I really hate it as it got into my new sleeping bag that was strapped on the outside of my backpack...ugh. I washed it at the hotel last night, so I think I got most of the stain/smell out, but I guess I'll clean it when I get back.

The highlight of last night was getting to see the Hong Kong light show, something they do here every night at 8pm. I hadn't had a chance to see it on my other trips here, so I figured I better get down on my last night to see it. It was very cool, and I recommend you look up some videos of it or something to get an idea of what it involves, although I'm sure it won't do it justice.

Anyway, I'll try to do some catching up later - I posted a new link to another Facebook photo album on the right, so check that out.

Alright, I have to catch a flight in a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment