Thursday, April 9, 2009

Got kinda sick, no big deal

This Tuesday I got kind of sick with something for the first time over here. I got back from teaching three classes in a row Tuesday morning and was sitting at the computer and I felt tired and kind of cold, so I put on my hoodie, got in bed, covered up and took a nap for a couple of hours. I woke up and I still felt bad - damn, I'm sick.

I took a couple of Ibuprofen that I brought along with me from the States and started to feel better eventually. In the evening Rebecca wanted to get some food at a restaurant and then walk down to Texas Burger for an ice cream. I was feeling better at the time so I went for the walk. After eating a plate of noodles at the restaurant, I felt better and ended up eating 2 ice creams at the Texas Burger. The ice cream there is the best in town that we've found so far - it tastes like the real thing, but we're pretty sure it isn't since most people here are lactose intolerant.

By the end of the day, I felt pretty much fully recovered, so I didn't know what it was. Did I get some kind of food poisoning? I didn't have an upset stomach or want to vomit at all, just felt 'bad' and had a sorta headache. I woke up the next morning feeling sorta crappy again but nothing a couple of Ibuprofen couldn't cure. From there I haven't felt bad, and this morning I woke up feeling great. I'm not sure what it was that I came down with, but at least it wasn't too serious and I'm glad I recovered so quickly.

Wednesday I tried out my new suit for the first time, wearing it to all three of our classes that day. The students at the school really seemed to like it and thought it was pretty cool.

We've gotten some rain recently, not too much though. I'm still grateful to be in such a nice climate - it was nice to escape those frigid midwest temperatures back in February for the warm subtropics. We had one week of cold weather here early on, but other than that we've had nice warm temperatures with a few chilly rainy days every once in awhile. And I'm glad that when I do finally return to the States it will be June and warm weather will await me.

1 comment: