Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where the heck did April go?

This past weekend Rebecca decided to cook a meal at our place. I wasn't involved in the getting food/cooking process too much so it was mostly her thing along with the help of girl student here at the school named Fish. Many of the students have English names that are not neccesarily names as they are things sometimes - others include Watermelon, Promise, Sweet, to name a few. Anyway, so we had a big meal with pork (i think) stuffed tofu, green beans, egg, and rice. Along with the girl Fish an English teacher Kevin and his wife joined us for the meal as well. While the girls were preparing the meal, Kevin and I went down the street to get some eggs as well as 4 bottles of Kingway beer to split between us for the meal.



Lately I've been on a serious music-downloading binge, downloading dozens of albums people have uploaded to the internet. I like to use sites like Megaupload, where people upload a .zip file of an album, i download it directly from the site, unzip it into a folder using WinRAR, and then sync it to my iPod. I'm also using a cool program called Floola that allows you to use your iPod to upload to/download from any computer. Normally you're stuck with one computer with iPods, but this program is pretty nifty, and you can drag and drop the program onto your iPod so you can bring it with you to use on any computer without setting it up, so it's great for traveling, or just for sharing music with your friends. Sharing is caring.

Rebecca and I are each supposed to write up an article for a newspaper or something in English in the next week or so. I don't know too many details about the paper at the moment, if it's local or something or if it more like one of the English Weekly things the students here get.

I've been doing some shopping the past few days - picked up some decent sandals and also got a few nice quality plain t-shirts that are comfy and nice looking. I'll probably hold off on too much more shopping until I visit Hong Kong in a couple of weekends.

I've got less than 5 weeks left now until I return to America, where the nice warm bike friendly June weather will await me, as opposed to the frigid winter I escaped from a couple months ago. This trip is like having an extended summer season for the most part. I'm still not too anxious to get home yet, and I'm actually starting to get worried that I will miss this place when I leave. I think by the last week I'll be anxious to get back home though. This trip has gone by so fast so I'm sure these last few weeks will fly right by.

No comments:

Post a Comment